Wednesday, August 4, 2010

USMC AIR/GROUND MUSEUM B-25


This is my B-25D I bought down in Santa Cruz, Bolivia... It's in the Bennie Area on the Amazon Basin... close to where we finally caught up with Che Guevara... I bought two B-25's... actually three... two from the FAB (Bolivian Air Force) and this one from a meat hauler. We took it apart and shipped it up in a FAB C-130. I restored it and it is on display at the Marine Air/Ground Museum in Quantico. You can see photos of the above B-25 after restoration on my website.

The other two... I sold one to Harry Doan and it was flown up here from La Paz... hell of a story.

The third one is still there... it's sitting in a "round about" in Cochabamba... When I went to get it, there was almost a riot... Seems the local Ladies of the Evening had converted my plane into a quick stop, full service brothel... didn't have the heart to ruin their business... I still own it... but it ain't leavin'.

Shadow

"Guantanamera, guajira, Guantanamera.....

Yo soy un hombre sincero

De donde crece la palma

Y antes de morirme quiero

Ver el B-25 en Cochabamba.....

Guantanamera, guajira, Guantanamera.....



Photo: Israel Soliz


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Share them with us!